Monday 17 October 2016

17th October 1936 - Mary to Terrick

Saturday O.V.S.


My darling - Thank you a million times for writing me the nicest letter I shall ever have from anyone in this life again - especially as I never dreampt you'd write as well as 'phone.  It was lovely to hear your voice - & I was so excited after it that Patricia let me play "God Save the King" on her cello before I went to bed!  After I had read the letter this morning I said to myself "that really is the most beautiful one I've had" - and then I thought a bit more and added "I can just see him scanning it through with satisfaction and folding it punctiliously as if he felt he had evolved a masterpiece"!!

I can't make this a very long letter as it is just before lunch - & I have just typed 10 letters! - but I wanted to say that I think it would be better if I didn't try to get to King's Cross on Monday as it would muck up the rehearsal - but I'll be at Earl's Court between 9.45 & 10 just so that I can see you for an hour.

Don't worry if your train's in late - because I can wait until 11.  If you're  not in by then I'm afraid I shall have to go back!

- Oh, darling I'm longing with all of myself for the first time I kiss you again & the first time you put your arms right round me again. There's no feeling on earth to compare with either.

Goodbye, my very own dearest dear - until Monday.

Mary
      xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment