Wednesday 12 October 2016

12th October 1936 - Terrick to Mary

Wensley Rectory
Leyburn
Yorks


12th October 1936


My Darling

This time last month we were at Fort William.

We have just come back from a drive to Blackpool & Lytham St. Annes.  Blackpool seems to be quite a pleasant place, but probably only because it is the off season.  There is a marvellous Amusement Park there, with roundabouts, chairoplanes, switchbackts etc, which you would revel in.

I have just read the Telegraph crit of "Charles the King".  It seems to be marvellous.  We shall miss "As You Like It" because it comes off on Wednesday to make room for something else.

On Saturday we went into Harrogate & I got a book of the official account of "The Mutiny on the 'Bounty'".  It can't help being interesting but it is the worst written book I have ever read.  I'll bring it down with me.  My father has "Albert the Good" here which I shall start tomorrow.  It has the most quaint illustrations.

I have done a little of Sydney & Co, not much.  Up here I am at my worst.  I potter mentally among a lot of different interesting but useless things.  I have, however, written out practically all the plot of my novel.  What makes me lazy is the fact that I am always stuffed so full of food that I lie back half asleep most of the time.

Rosemary was here yesterday, full of beans now that she's not under the depressing influence of her pompous husband.  We are all going to tea with her at the Camp on Thursday.

Let's go & see "Charles the King" next week.

Pa & Ma like your photograph very much.  I keep it by my bed a& try & make it do.  Rosemary asked after you.

I am dying to hear how you got on with the German producer, do write soon about it.

It is just half past six so I must stop if I am to catch the post.  I'll write you another letter very soon.

I love you more than ever.

Your

Terrick

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment