Friday 4 September 2015

4th September 1935 - Terrick to Mary

35 Nevern Place
S.W.5

4th September 1935


Darling Mary, 

I hope you get this letter.  I couldn't write yesterday as you weren't going to Harrogate and anyhow I was out till fairly late with my mother & Renny.

It is pouring with rain.  Every day's work is very hard just now and I wish the season were over.  I have no news because I have done nothing except eat, work & sleep lately.  I haven't even been able to get a splicer & cutter as I have either been lunching with my mother or going to the Drama League with library books.  I shall, however, manage to see a few photographic people tomorrow.

Tell me how you are getting on.  I am writing by the same post to Paul to let him know you are coming.

If you can introduce yourself to the Poly rep at Pool's, do.  He is Mr Bartlett, a very nice man.  He was at Fort William with me in 1932.  He will tell you all about how to get anywhere.  If you do speak to him, give him my very kindest regards.

I wish you were here.  You aren't away long enough for me to get used to it, and I feel very loose-endy.

I.L.Y.M.T.E.

Terrick  XXX


I had just written my own address on the back of the envelope when your call came.  I wondered who it could be & didn't think of you at all.

All my love.  T.

No comments:

Post a Comment