Saturday 25 June 2016

25th June 1936 - Terrick to Mary

35 Nevern Place
S.W.5


25th June 1936


My Darling Mary,

This will be a short letter because I can hardly keep awake, but I have been trying to find time all day to tell you how lovely you looked last night, and how proud I felt to think that at any rate some people in the audience knew that I was the lucky man.

Also I fell in love with you over again, just as I did when I got your photograph. You looked so much more like some ideal creature from a Forest of Arden in the Never-Never Land than Miss Ormiston, Junior School Mistress of the O.V.S., or even than my own darling Mary Pleasant, that I fell in love with you again at first sight.

I really ought to be in town on Sunday for the last day of the District Party Congress and the rally in Hyde Park, but I shall cut for you - next week I really must be in town - so I'll see you at 11pm on Saturday and we'll have an idyllic weekend.

All the love you see in my eyes and all I feel in my heart.

Terrick

No comments:

Post a Comment