Saturday 16 May 2015

16th May 1935 - Terrick to Mary

35 Nevern Place
S.W.5

16th May 1935

Dear Old Mary,

Many happy returns of the day!  May you pass as twenty-one for many years yet.

Your present should arrive by the same post.  Unfortunately I have had to leave it in Paul's hands, as I am laid up with bronchial catarrh and haven't been to the office these last two days.  The camera was on order so I wrote & asked Paul to collect it and send it off.  I have just rung up and found that he has done so, but the camera is black.  Kodak only make that model in the one colour.  Does it matter?

I am allowed outdoors again tomorrow so I'll see you in the evening.

Good luck for your party on the 17th!  I hope you manage to combine all the incongruous elements successfully.

How did the O.T. exam go off - or did you funk it?  And Ormond Lodge?  Did you do the Quarrel Scene after all?

You'll have tons of letters to open by this post; so goodbye and all the very best wishes for the next twenty-one years.

May your appetite for life be satisfied in abundance; yet may you never be fed up.

Yours with love


Terrick


No comments:

Post a Comment