Wednesday 13 May 2015

13th May 1935 - Terrick to Mary

35 Nevern Place
S.W.5

13th May 1935

Dear Mary, 

Here are my essays.  They are mostly I think - looking at them just a lot of long words; with a bit of cheap sarcasm thrown somewhere into one of them about reasoning.

I am going to the Brondesbury Cine Society tomorrow & have written and asked the Anstos people (Mortlake) if we can both go next Tuesday.  Can you manage that?  On Thursday I am going to the Maynoss one at Ravenscourt Park (three stops your side of Earl's Court).  It starts at 8.15.  Let me know if you can come.  If so I'll meet you just outside the R.P. tube station at 8.00 p.m. When one adds it up 3/6 a year & 6d a week actually comes to much more than the £1. 1s 0d a year one.

I have just been round to see Lamb.  Have you heard anything about him?  He wasn't in and all his own furniture has vanished except the oil painting, the two bowls that I had and the naked "Jill"!  The carpet, desk, bedspread & yellow chair all gone.  Only Hodson's furniture was left & only blankets & pillows on the bed.  Maud wasn't there so I couldn't ask her what had happened.  I believe he was behind with his instalments on the furniture so perhaps Warings have come and collected it.

Then I went to see Renny who gave me some Horlicks.

Well, I must stop now.  It isn't the same writing to you after yesterday.  I don't like it much.  It mustn't last too long.

Yours

Terrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment