Monday 8 August 2016

8th August 1936 - Mary to Terrick

August 1936
35 Nevern Place
SW 5
Saturday 1.00 PM

Hello darling -thank goodness your passport was here - all the way up I've been planning what I ought to do if it wasn't.  Thank you very much for your letter - I hope it wasn't absolutely dragged out if you by necessity (but there -you knew I'd think that!)

It feels very strange to be writing to you on your own desk - specially as it was almost exactly a week ago that I came & rummaged around here last time.

The children are going to the "Raj" Regatta at Haliford Bend this afternoon - so luckily no one wanted the car - and the only difference it makes to me, is that I'm missing my lunch.

Joyce Eastman might (it's not very likely) offer to take me down to see Norah with her on Monday - if so I shouldn't be able to meet you - otherwise, if you let me know what train, I expect I could.  So if I'm not there you'll know I've gone to Clacton for the day - & perhaps you could ring up late & arrange what day I can come up.

- Darling I miss you most terribly - it's a permanent "not-being-all there" feeling, which makes me slightly unsociable, very selfish - and want to go to bed early.  You've no idea how wonderful getting your letter was this morning.  

Longing for you to be home again - 

Love

Mary X

No comments:

Post a Comment