Sunday 3 July 2016

3rd July 1936 - Terrick to Mary

35 Nevern Place
S.W.5.

3rd July 1936


My Darling Girl,

Just back from making my debut as a political public speaker.  The speech went down all right and interested an ex-bus driver in the audience who spoke up and endorsed what I said.  The chief thing is that now I am not a bit nervous of speaking.  Next week my subject is "The United Front".

I should like to come to Brighton on Sunday, but I should be letting the Party down if I did.  My trades union's Metropolitan District Council have actually decided to support the Demonstration of Welcome and they want every man behind the banner in order to show the whole union that there is a strong feeling for the United Front.

Actually too it is going to be very interesting.  A lot of very famous people in the movement will be speaking from all parts of the world.

I do hope you will be able to come to Redhill with me tomorrow.  we can spend the afternoon in the country all by ourselves.  How did Patricia & Hasty P. like "The Seagull"? And what, if you know, did the Shakespeare Society think of Henry VIII?

I can hardly remember when I last saw you.  It seems so long ago.  But somehow dear, since Wednesday, I love you more.  I don't mean gradually more, but a sudden jump more.  I feel more strongly that we are one: Youandme.  You know what I mean.

Goodbye.  I must catch the post.

Your

  Terrick

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment