Saturday 23 July 2016

23rd July 1936 - Mary to Terrick

Dearest Dear - Am invigilating exams - & forgot to bring my pad.  I enclose invitation for Monday - Miss Hewling is bringing a male friend who apparently reels magnificently - so we're going to ask him to give us all a lesson!  Do come - because you needn't dance all the time & we're going to have beer & sausages.

Miss X is looking forward to seeing us all on Saturday - she was telling the rest of the staff at Break that she was having 3 generations of "Ormiston" to tea! - then she said it was a pity I couldn't manufacture a baby before then to make it 4 generations!! - But she thought perhaps bringing you was the next best thing!!

- Next Tuesday the Art Society hope to go to the Open Air Theatre - so if it's fine enough I'm afraid I shan't be able to come up to you.

This weather is the limit - my cold is still annoying.

My love for you grows more & more every day- 

Mary Pleasant  xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment