Wednesday 1 January 2014

1st January 1934 - Mary to Terrick

Dunally Lodge
Shepperton

Jan 1st 1934


Dear Old Thing - I am in the middle of writing my belated "thank-you" letters - and bethinking me of this, the sudden thought struck me that I was missing the most important "Thank-you" letter of them all.

- You're a dear - and have grown into the frightfully bad habit of spoiling me - so thank-you for that.

You chose me Three very nice books for Christmas - and thereby spoilt me again.  Thank-you for those too.

And last night you caused me to be raised to glowing heights - plunged in gloomy retrospection - vain with false vanity - proud with shallow pride - hopelessly bewildered with something I could not understand - and much too blissfully content.

For fall of this I thank-you tremendously - and then turn round and wonder why - .

- modestly yours

                 xxx  Mary Pleasant

No comments:

Post a Comment