Thursday 1 June 2017

1st June 1937 - Terrick to Mary

35 Nevern Place
S.W. 5

1st June 1937


My Darling,

Yesterday I had a lovely day.  I got down to Folkstone at about 10.45, finished the train by 12.15 and lunch by 12.50, so I went and lay on the beach in the sun till my fish and chips changed into me and then went to the swimming pool for a bathe.  It was glorious.  Then I went back to the station as the boat got in at 3.15 & came back to town, satisfied.  In the evening I got on with my Left Book.

This evening my three "back number" Left Books arrived:  An Atlas of Empire, and Atlas of Current Affairs and The Condition of Britain.  The marriage book is a Supplementary Book for July so you will only just get a chance to read it in time.

Tomorrow I'll see you at 2.30 at the Curzon Cinema.  I saw an advert of the Times Furnishing Co. in the Telegraph yesterday which I meant to keep but forgot.  It is a series of books on designs for furnishing the various rooms of a house; advertisement of course but might be interesting.

Today I had lunch with Bickerstath, Joan Salter's "young man"! He was trying to interest me in an indexing system and is a very good salesman.  I am interesting myself in it because if I put up something like it to Ashe, whether her uses it or not, he'll think that my brains are growing more & more powerful.

You have just phoned up.  It was very cheering to hear your voice.  I love it.

All my heart's love.

Terrick

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment