Thursday 18 May 2017

18th May 1937 - Mary to Terrick

O.V.S.

Tuesday


Darling - Yesterday was such a wonderful day that I feel I simply must write and say thank you very much for that - as well as my two books.

Everything was so lovely - the birds - and sun- and trees - and the peacefulness one minute - and excitement the next - that the memory of it still makes me feel excited - it becomes nicer and nicer as today goes on - I think of it all - and my eyes sparkle (at least, they feel as if they do) and I long to tell everybody how lovely it was!

If I had had the population of the earth lined up in front of me, and had been told to choose who I should pend a birthday like yesterday's with - it would never have been as wonderful, enchanting, long and lovingly remembered as yesterday with you.

It was the nicest birthday I have ever had - it even beat my 17th - which led up till now - and I cannot thank you enough for loving me so much!

Yours, as I always shall be - because I love you so much too.

Mary Pleasant

No comments:

Post a Comment