Sunday 12 February 2017

12th February 1937 - Mary to Terrick

Darling - dearest one

I'm sitting in the office waiting for Miss Cross who is very late & making me waste a lot of invaluable time.  I must just write you this because you're such a long way away - & I always feel more and more desolate the further you go.

Did you go the the pictures last night?  - It was heartbreaking to have to leave you when I just felt I wanted you to myself so badly.  I was bad-tempered all the way there - & took ages to find the place.  It's very tiny in a little side street.  The rehearsal didn't really go well - but it was fun seeing everybody in their costumes.  Mine is frightfully tight & makes me stick out in front like nothing on earth - Kathleen has a fair wig with two plaits!!

We left off about 10.30 and Ralph brought us home.  he's taking us again tonight - I'm going down at 6.30 to have supper at their flat.  I've always wanted to see it!!

Grannie has offered to embroider an initial on my 4 towels - can I have an FH or must it be only F?  She wondered if you could make up a fairly simple monogram for them.  It'll be the most exciting thing I've had done yet.

How have the two Reunions gone?  Lots of people? - and are you dead tired?

I'm simply longing to have your photograph by my bed - but I can't part with the other so I think I'll have to have them both.

Olsson has gone to enquire about that record for me - perhaps we'll have it for the weekend.

I love you more than anything else in the world - my darling -

Think of me a lot

Your own 

Mary Pleasant

No comments:

Post a Comment