Sunday 3 February 2013

3rd February 1933 - Mary to Terrick


Typed on P. Ormiston & Sons letterhead – I have endeavoured to make this look as much like the original as possible

                                                                                                                           February 3rd 1933

Dear Sir,
With referance to my invitation of the 2nd 1nst. my Honourable Female Parent has requested me to beg your most Esteemable company on the pending Sabbath at our Humble, (but Howsomever, Highly Respectable) Hovel Situate in the Suburb of Sheene; Your Visite to extend from as near the break of Dawne as the District Railway Co, can manage, to as late as your Unwashed Linen will suffer your Conscience to remain.

Your entertainment will consist entirely of listening to innocuos chatter of my Many, but Varied, Relations, with,perchance, a little enlightening repartee from Your Humble Servant thrown in.

Of course, what I really mean is, -- Will you throw in your lot with us next Sunday and trust to pot luck? – But I had a little time on my erstwhile busy hands.

Anyway,see you tomorrow 1.15 p.m. Looking forward to everything tremendously.

Be good.
                                                                                                                                             Love,
                                    
Mary (handwritten)

P.S. Hows Russia?
P.P.S. I’ve got a spot on the end of my nose, but still it doesn’t matter now, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment