Wednesday 22 March 2017

22nd March 1937 - Terrick to Mary

35 Nevern Place
S.W. 5

22nd March 1937

My Dearest, Dearest Girl,

Today I could I think have had a chance of going to Nice after all, but found that I wouldn't go for a hundred pounds.  I am looking forward so much to going up to Wensley with you.

After I had rung off I remembered that in my first letter home I did say to them that they ought to write and invite you, but they probably would have anyhow.  I didn't think of it any more after I had spoken to my father on the phone, I took that as instead.  I didn't say anything to him about writing too which was what I suppose I was thinking about when I said 'no'.

I could have stood and talked to you on the phone for ages if you hadn't been going out & had Miss cross waiting to get on the phone.  It would have been all about nothing - with Mrs Nutt listening, but it would have been very nice.  So I am writing to you instead.

Before I can get a grant from the Poly for my eyes I have to get a form signed by my doctor that I need to have them tested!  It is so seldom that I see my doctor that I don't know if I can find his house again.

I left behind at Dunally my bedroom slippers and your brown tie.  Will you bring them up with you, please.

Must stop now.  With all my love

Terrick

No comments:

Post a Comment