Friday 18 August 2017

18th August 1937 - Mary to Terrick

Darling - here is the passport with all forms I hope complete.  I suppose they send it straight to your father? - what about the "?" then?  And we must remind him not to leave it behind in Wensley when he comes down!  I had another letter from him this morning about Mr Bernays' cheese!  He thinks I should get a nicer one if I left it until November.

My hay fever had quite disappeared when I woke up this morning.  It was awful last night.

I phoned Wrights to find their van had already left.  They had sent up a special "removal" van for everything and were only allowed to take the carpet!  I expect they're fuming a bit - but I do see it would really have been impossible for you.  I hope they don't charge us, that's all.

I'm going up to the flat after tea & Jack's coming on at 7. to have a look at a few things - we can't do much because it gets dark so early.  

I have sent that photograph of me to your father as he said he'd like it.

All my love

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment